Saturday, September 01, 2007

In Which Things Change and I Get Out of the House

I had plans for this morning. They were canceled. Rob slept incredibly late (even by post-gig standards) and then had a party to go to this afternoon. This left me very little time with him but enough for us to go to the library and get me a library card and some books. Finally! I didn't get one before because I was always so very busy driving people around that I didn't have time to go to the library and often would forget to return books on time. As my schedule started to free up, I promised myself to get a card but then opted to try to read all of the books on my shelves first. However, there are books I wanted to read without having to invest in more clutter . . . I mean books. Which created a dilemma. How do I read the latest Elizabeth Berg book without actually buying it? And I already have the complete works of Shakespeare but it really is too large to sit down and read so how do I read any of his plays without actually buying them individually?

And so it came down to my needing a library card. Since my morning plans were canceled, Rob was perhaps more willing to drag me to the library to give me some goodness in what otherwise would have been a disappointing day. He's good like that. And now he's off partying and Titus Andronicus awaits. But first . . . I feel rather nappish at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment