Saturday, September 08, 2007

In Which the Truth is I Have Other Things on My Mind

I am thinking of all the other things I could be doing. Like working on my chapbook, doing a load of laundry, finishing a journaling exercise from Journalution by Sandy Grason, typing out the passages I marked in Louise DeSalvo’s Writing as a Way of Healing, bellydancing, taking a shower, getting ready for tomorrow’s book group, making a shopping list so Rob and I can go food shopping later tonight.

There really are a lot of things I want to do today but not all of them I need to do. I mean, I could just skip the shower and do that tonight, before I go to bed. I should do the Journalution exercise but I don’t need to type up the DeSalvo notes today. I definitely want to work on my chapbook but do I need to get ready for the book group today? Now? Not really.

I am having trouble prioritizing. Doing what I need to do before I start the next thing. Or actually never getting around to either because I am doing something else altogether and the something else not really serving any long term purpose in my day let alone my life.

Which is to say, I am just blogging to be blogging. I don’t really have anything significant to say about yesterday or anything. I let myself down when it came to things I wanted to do and now I need to figure out what I need to do today before I forget and get distracted.

Truth is, I had a bad vertigo day yesterday and although it wasn’t bad enough to keep me in bed, it was bad enough to keep me from being focused. Today I need to focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment