Saturday, October 27, 2007

In Which I'm Not In a Good Place Today Yesterday my boys turned 23 and I adore them and their sister and all three were here in the afternoon and evening. Rob had a gig but he did come home in the afternoon and we went out with Marc for lunch to that lovely little Thai food place "around the corner," the one I love so very much, which is not literally around the corner but surprisingly close. With pizza in the evening, it was a lovely day. The boys liked their gifts. I gave Joe a token something to unwrap because his gift--a mattress and boxspring--was delivered on Monday. For Marc, I got an electric keyboard becuase he's wanted one for a while. That was yesterday. Lovely and relaxing. But last week and even yesterday was a week of not . . . I don't know. It's not something I can digest into a summary, not something I wish to explore in this blog, and not something that I have anyone with whom I can discuss things. Rob is so busy and even yesterday, when I tried to talk to him, it didn't work. There were distractions and what was the point of trying? I wrote an email to a couple of peole but I didn't send either one. Long ramblings and vents in which I tried to be clear but confused myself and maybe it's as simple as that. I don't know where to begin so how do I summarize. I did, however, have a lovely and vivid dream last night. Unfortnately, I couldn't remember any dreams from the night before so last night's dream starts me back at square one with the whole "keep a daily dream journal for a month." At least I haven't bought any new pairs of underwear so far this month. That's pretty remarkable especially when you consider that I have a free Victoria's Secret card for one free pair of panties and . . . I am resisting the temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment