Thursday, November 15, 2007

In Which I Am Still Living Inside This Damn Cold Yesterday I managed to read two whole chapters in a book. Ooooh. Ahhhh. I have also learned that both Dayquil and Nyquil may cause dizziness which is, as we all know, ridiculously redundant. One of the problems with vertigo is that it does make it hard to read, harder to write, and that takes away two of the activities in my life that I love the most. And sleep. And eating. Because we already know how the vertigo makes sleeping a challenge and it is hard to want to eat when you are feeling nauseous from being dizzy. I am very frustrated with America's Next Top Model and it's ability to completely bore me this season. They have done two things that I also found discomfiting. The thing is, when I start to feel this way about a show it is usually because I am going to stop watching it. At this point, I can say with confidence that this will be my last season. It takes less time to read the snarky summaries of the programs on Television Without Pity so I may as well save myself the trouble of watching the show after this season's finale. But I still have hope that Lisa will do one more lap dance and Heather will say something really geeky for me. So far both have disappointed me tremendously but not nearly as much as Tara and her panel of judges. So this is just me, frustrated with my having a head cold, having vertigo, and having gotten sucked into another season of a show that used to amuse me but does so no longer. *sigh*
Aries Horoscope for week of November 15, 2007 I love it when you forget all your troubles and get lost in thoughts about your friends' problems. I love it when you place your entire focus on the eat steaming from your cup of coffee or on the sun reflecting on a puddle or on the mysterious expression gracing the face of a stranger. In fact I love it whenever you prove how much you love being here on earth by taking your attention off yourself, and giving it to everything else. The coming week will be a perfect time to specialize in this consummate art.

3 comments:

  1. Satia-

    Sorry that you have a cold added on to everything else.

    I am not a fan of "reality" shows (I think Top Model can be classified as such). How "real" can you be when you know you're being televised?

    Get better, Love (and that's an order).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patches, Thank you!

    NP, it is so funny you say that because my acupuncturist said that Rob and I should get a reality show. I said "Who'd believe it?"

    I think I am Gracie the to world's George Burns, always saying goodnight to myself.

    ReplyDelete