Tuesday, November 13, 2007

In Which Satia Can't Come Out to Play Today, Rob met with his brother and sister-in-law and niece. I stayed home because they went to Chuck E Cheese and my vertigo simply could not handle the stimulation of noise and movement and flashing lights and . . . I stayed home. I had my final acupuncture appointment and we agreed that it is time for me to move on. I didn't cry. I wanted to cry. I knew it was time to move on but that didn't make it less discouraging, knowing that another venue has been removed, another cure has failed, another hope has died. I have an appointment with my general practitioner. I haven't seen her since March. I am not seeing her about the vertigo but about something else. What? There's something else? Isn't there always? In any event, I see her on Friday. What we know . . .
  1. I need to watch what I eat. (Gluten allergy isn't helping my body to heal.)
  2. I need to lose the weight I've gained (possibly insulin resistant).
  3. I need to let my creativity flow. (Blocked creativity stirs up the wind inside.)
  4. I need to remove all sugar substitutes from my diet. (No more Equal or Splenda.)

And now where do I turn? To my mother. We'll discuss the options before me. Chiropractic (nonforce) and hypnotherapy are very high on the list.

I am reading the following books:

  • Signifying Pain by Judith Harris
  • Poetic Medicine by John Fox
  • Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
  • The Collected Poems of Sylvia Plath by . . . duh . . . Sylvia Plath

Why did I include a non-inclusive list of books I'm reading? Why not? The next time I have insomnia you can picture me reading one of the above. Or possibly working on #3 in spite of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment