Wednesday, December 12, 2007


In Which I Write Some Quickies

1) I finished a not very good book and because I don't think it was very good I'm not going to spend any energy writing a review. Suffice it to say that I am not fond of fluffy writing (although I am clearly guilty of it) whether it is aimed at adults or adolescents.

2) With that said, this is the first in a series of six books and I really have to commend the author, Natalie Standiford, for coming up with something that was obviously marketable if not personally palatable.

3) I created a poll in my facebook where the votes for what I should study next have been slowly coming in and the winner is . . . drumroll please . . . Buddhism. I am still not sure what I will focus on but I am not resisting the outcome so I wouldn't be surprised if I were to announce that Buddhism is the final winner.

4) I have not written much about America's Next Top Model mostly because I relapsed and was not in the mood to watch the show. I would wake up the next day not even sure who was voted off most of the time and I figure I couldn't write intelligently about it if I couldn't remember it. However, spoilers alert below the banner so don't read below the banner!

5) Yesterday we picked up Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix which will be this year's Christmas Eve movie. We usually go to the theater for a movie but, because of my vertigo, it is just easier to stay home and watch a new dvd this year. I'm excited as are the children.

6) The conference for which I created the wellbeing blog is this Saturday and I will not be able to attend. This is hugely disappointing. I had hoped to at least see John Fox if not meet him. As it turns out, I won't be there and all I can do is hope that next year I can attend and participate more fully.



Spoilers: I was able to pay attention well enough to know that my two girls, Lisa and Heather, were both voted off and I never did get to see another lapdance. Also, the bitch of the bunch was voted off (finally!). The thing is, even when these girls seem "bitchy" they are just young, very young, and so they come off, thanks to editing and youth, much worse than I believe they are in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment