Thursday, January 10, 2008

In Which Snowball Settles In and We Get Little Sleep

So poor Snowball is experiencing what many puppies in a new home environment do--the runs. This kept Rob and I running at 1am and 5am. I swear the bedroom carpet hasn't been cleaned this many times since . . . well, since Romanov had the runs last year. Anyway, this morning I pulled out the turkey broth I'd made using the Thanksgiving turkey and soon had some brown rice cooking for her. It's cooling in the fridge as I type this and as soon as it is cool enough I'll put it down for her. We've pulled all of the Siberian Husky books from the shelves and I'll be reviewing some of the puppy information today. I have not yet done my yoga and I'm not sure how I will do it today. Romanov has gotten used to my setting myself up on my mat and just lying nearby without disturbing me. Well, for the most part he does that. Every now and again he insists on doing his own adho mukha shvanasana (downward facing dog) and he loves ducking his head under me when I am in awkard poses. (He nearly knocked me down yesterday when I was in a modified utkatasana--chair pose.) In any event, after a day or two of rice and broth, the nervousness her tummy is feeling will pass. She and Romanov are already learning how to play together and cooperatively. The pack heirarchy is still being established by both. It's all a part of their socialization. But they were lying down together. And Romanov doesn't react when she takes his pig ear or rawhide (which may also be why she has the runs). The most amazing thing--they were both utterly exhausted by the time we went to bed. Anyone who owns a husky knows how remarkable it is to say that their dog was dead tired. Well, both of mine were! Yay!
Aries Horoscope for week of January 10, 2008 "My calling hasn't called yet," wrote Rennie, an Aries reader from Austin. "Please, Rob, say a prayer to all the applicable gods and angels, asking them to do whatever it takes to make sure that I am at home when it finally does." I've got good news for Rennie. Many Aries who have never before had a hint about their calling will be able to gather many clues in 2008. Meanwhile, those of your tribe who have already found their higher purpose will be evolving it to a much deeper level. To help ensure that all the magic unfolds, I have unleashed a fist-pumping prayer to the goddess of mission plans, urging her to invite you Rams to claim the empowering joy that comes from being united with your source code.

No comments:

Post a Comment