Thursday, February 14, 2008

In Which I Finish a Book

If you liked such books as The Secret by Rhonda Byrne or Ask and It Is Given by Jerry and Esther Hicks or Excuse Me! Your Life is Waiting by Lyn Grabhorn then you will enjoy and appreciate The Circle: How the Power of a Signl Wish Can Change Your Life by Laura Day. And that is about the best thing I can say about this book. Well, that and it is very short so I don't feel I wasted too much time reading it.

So here is my wish, my intention, my vibrational request to the Universe: Please stop everyone I love from giving these books to me. While these are obviously are a blessing to others I find them redundant, uninspiring, and tedious--at best! At worst I think they are foolish, insulting to anyone with a modicum of intelligence, and make me question the spiritual intelligence of those who praise them.


But let me tell you how I really feel . . .

There is one book that rises far above the recent crop of crap and that is Shakti Gawain's wonderful Creative Visualization which continues to put these other books to complete and utter shame.


Aries Horoscope for week of February 14, 2008
Happy Valentine Daze, Aries! After meditating about what advice would be most useful for your love life during the rest of 2008, I decided on this observation from 17th-century philosopher Sir Francis Bacon: "There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." In other words, you should raise your appreciation for interesting idiosyncrasies and cute "flaws" and odd proportions. They are not inconvenient imperfections that mar the beauty you need in your life. They are the very essence of it.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess I can cross that book off my must read list. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only advantage this book has over the others is that it is brief. But Creative Visualization is just a better book. Sometimes when something is said well there is no need to repeat it.

    ReplyDelete