Sunday, March 23, 2008

In Which I Won't Be ARound For a While

In 1999 I found a lump which led to a surgery. Nearly ten years later history repeats itself. Tomorrow morning I will leave the house sometime around 8am and I will be having surgery sometime around 11am. I should be home in the afternoon but it will be a few days before I fully recover. The location of the lump, which is merely a lymph node gone bad, is sort of where my ovaries are, in the crease where my thigh meets my lower abdomen. Walking, standing, sitting and rising will all be a little uncomfortable. Nearly ten years ago it was five days before I felt almost 100% myself. Of course, I was younger then and my body may not heal as quickly. I will be using Reiki to help facilitate the healing process. Assuming all goes well and all of the release forms I signed in the event of post-surgical complications are irrelevant, I should be back online Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a quick recovery.
    Thoughts to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey patches! I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to your kind thoughts. I was understandably caught up in the process of healing and am only now beginning to feel more myself than not. It has been slow going. Very slow. Too slow. But I think that my progress is more a matter of perspective than reality. I just want to hurry and move on to the next thing already!

    ReplyDelete