Friday, March 21, 2008

In Which I Write About a Very Serious Danger!

Many people who work in offices can attest to the peculiar fact that when one woman shows up in the office and announces she is pregnant it is merely a matter of time before two other women show up and announce a pregnancy.

These things seem to come in threes. I can attest to this as I have three children myself. And I was only pregnant twice! My son, Marc, who is still living at home, announced to me yesterday that he will be moving out on the first. No, this is not an April Fool's Day joke. In fact, he has empty boxes and showed me the floorplan of his new dwelling. (Which is walking distance, or so I am told, from my favorite gift/bookstore!!!)

Before anyone begins to believe for even an instant that this means I will finally be able to say that all three of my children have moved out let it be known that Joe is planning to move back in on the same day that his brother Marc moves out. There is an incredible irony in this because for years I warned the boys that, because they are twins, I could very easily remove them and nobody would know. After all, Clark Kent and Superman were never in the same room for decades and nobody really noticed so I was pretty sure I could get away with it.

I guess the laugh is on me for they have seen the loophole in my logic I had not foreseen and now I am paying for my rather dark sense of humor.

But today is Friday, the day on which I should be writing about puppies so without further ado, I present the conclusion of my "these things come in threes" warning.

First there was Romanov, a lovely purebred Siberian Husky which I bought for Rob as a Christmas present in 2000. We brought him home for the first time in 2001 and when I announced my engagement to Rob a few of my friends intimated that the only reason I was marrying Rob was for his dog. Who am I to argue with such excellent logic?

Then there was Snowdoll whose owners must have recognized a kindred spirit in either Rob or
Romanov or both. The truth is I never knew a dog more perfectly suited to the insanity that is our home. She torments us all and then kisses us with such cuteness that we all end up puddled at her puppy paws. (Besides, look at how she manages to twist and wrap herself in the most seemingly uncomfortable positions as she sleeps!!!)



And then there was Bandit who is not, I repeat NOT, a member of our family but the new member of Shay's family. Shay is the lead singer and guitarist for the Blackheadz, a friend of the family, and the loving father of a son and a puppy.



I want to laugh (mauhahahahaha!) at Shay for his naive adoption of a Siberian Husky but who am I to laugh? After all, one could argue I started it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment