Friday, June 13, 2008

Quote, Poll, and Woo Woo

Quote of the Week
I have learned silence from the talkative,
tolerance from the intolerant,
and kindness from the unkind.
I should not be ungrateful to those teachers.
Kahlil Gibran

The poll in my blog is also up and running in one other location and right now I have a three way tie. I'm thinking of combining the results from the December poll with the results from this poll to get a result. I only had three votes for two things in December so it was 2:1 for Buddhism which is why so much of my reading has been focused on Buddhism. However, with a three way tie I have a dilemma and I don't think I will get any more votes so the only other choice I have is to merge the results from last time with this time and use that to break the tie.

I have determined that Snowdoll has a split personality. First there is Snowdoll. She is the Princess Licky Face. She is the snuggle puppy. She is the one who stretches herself into a full cobra pose and twists herself with excitement when she knows we have a treat in our hands.

Then there's Woo Woo. Woo Woo is the one who barks to let us know she needs to go outside . . . in the middle of the night when I am in a deep sleep full of dreamy loveliness. She is the one who, when I am cleaning in the kitchen, will sneak off into the great room and not tell me she needs to go outside. I figure there must be a split personality involved because Woo Woo will sneak off and do her business on the carpet and then Snowdoll will walk slowly into the bathroom and put herself into Time Out because she knows she isn't supposed to do these things inside.

I mean, how else can you explain her eagerness to wake us up from a dream and not tell us when we are already wide awake and able to take her outside? It also explains why she can plop herself down in the most unladylike way (clearly a Woo Woo trait) and get all prissy about walking outside when the grass is wet with dew.

Yes, there is nothing quite like being woken up at 4am and having her step out onto the grass only to immediately want to turn around and go back inside where the ground is dry. And I am convinced there must be a split personality because this same dog that will not go outside if it is raining without being forced to do so will eagerly dig in her water bowl for an ice cube, pouncing both paws into the water and splashing it all over. And why? She still ends up dunking her nose and muzzle into the water to get the ice cube. It isn't like her splooshing the water around is going to make the ice cube stand still!!!




I mean look at this! Snowdoll wouldn never do this to me. She would never run so fast and suddenly as to slam my arm into the door frame, scraping my skin, and causing me to bruise. Now Woo Woo . . . she would definitely do something like that.

I tried to get a picture of Snowdoll, curled up under the desk chair, her paws crossed around the chair leg, her lower leg curled above chair leg and the upper leg curled under it. Unfortunately, Woo Woo got distracted by the camera and I didn't get the adorable picture I had hoped to get. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment