Monday, August 25, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays Always

Every dream I've had has had puppies in it. I even woke myself up because I was whimpering in my sleep and my dream interpreted my whimper as the whine of a puppy.
And so my daughter, knowing I needed a little cheering sent me pictures of her cat.
An amusing aside, regarding the cat, Raven. He was actually supposed to be my cat. Someone I loved ended our relationship and because he was allergic to animals when his former roommate approached me about his needing to get rid of the cat before he moved to Canada I immediately said yes. It was my way of accepting that the relationship was well and truly over.
The only problem was, the cat had been raised by men so he had no desire to be my cat and followed the boys around relentlessly. However, Marc was a bit too loud and moved to fast for the more mellow leanings of a cat. And because Rei would meow and mew along with Raven whenever he made noise, he soon bonded with her.
Raven is a quirky kitty and fit in perfectly with our family. And he adores my daughter. I can't say I blame him. I adore her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment