Wednesday, October 01, 2008

More Writing News

Today I managed to finish roughing out the writing class I've been trying to create. I conceived it to be a four week course but I have a feeling that it is so content heavy that it is at least six, possibly eight, weeks long. I'll know soon enough. I have invited a few friends to take the course for free to get some feedback on the exercises, the lesson outline, the content, etc. Also, the first bit of chapbook feedback included such lovely words as:
  • Total right track
  • Love the voice
  • excellent moments
  • congratulations on a beautiful and successful draft
  • I'm excited for the rest!
Oh crap! This means I have to write "the rest." I'm still waiting on responses from some of the other people who signed on to read the rough draft. But I've already passed along the rough draft to my illustrator with whom I'll be meeting next week. (And I confess, I already have thirty three pieces in queue, ready to be included in the second volume.) So yes, this means that this week I finished two rough drafts for some major projects. Quite a remarkable feat. Mostly the result of my avoiding other things--like life, relationships, reality, and the other things out there in the big nasty world like the local gas crisis and the national economy and the depletion of natural resources. In the meantime, here's a piece from the second volume of the chapbook collection, To the Virgin: Adoration. I doubt this one will make it through the final draft.
Last night you asked me to hurt you just a little while I tried to make love to you. I didn’t know what to do this was something too new. but you asked so I obliged pulled your hair, slapped your ass, pinched your nipples so hard I saw you fight back the tears. I hurt you more than I intended but you never told me to stop. Instead, you thanked me when we were done wrapped your arms around me and said I love you. That was the first time You said those things to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment