Monday, November 17, 2008

Marc and Poetry

Apparently instead of posting this I actually just saved it as a draft. Oops. Anyway, here it is in its somewhat belated glory. This is a of my son having fun at a show which apparently is officially up at the website. It's a cool shot. I don't blame them for putting it up and it's very exciting Marc is right there!

And as I've mentioned before, I've been taking part in this poetry a day challenge which is a bit crazy making because there's no time to revise and the prompts aren't always something that immediately click. The person doing the challenge has said we don't have to use the prompt if we find it uninspiring but forcing myself to not only write the poem but to do so in compliance with the prompt has been a stretch and I've enjoyed that extra layer of it all. Here's yesterday's response to the prompt which was to write a love poem in keeping with the theme. This is a love poem but what it has to do with vertigo I still haven't worked out.

You Say

love is just another four letter word you roll away from me on the bed I kiss the tattoo on your back while you sleep too deep to be reached in the morning you curl into me I have to pull myself away crawl across the light to escape dreams left like roses on my pillow the morning afterglow knows there are never enough nights to belie the truth of four letters that fill the days we spend apart words with you grow like hope faith belief promise strength tomorrow and tomorrow and it all comes back to I do and yes

2 comments:

  1. I do like the poem. I found it reminiscent of Joyce, or Dylan Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! As you know, there isn't time to edit or revise these things so to have any praise is surprising.

    And I'm not even adding illustrations as you are doing. I am in awe. Truly.

    ReplyDelete