Sunday, January 04, 2009

An Open Letter

Dear Body; While I appreciate that December was an unusually busy time for you and maybe even a little stressful, what with the trip to New Jersey to see the family and all and the holidays at home with the home family . . . Nevertheless, you already indulged in having a head cold at the beginning of December. I think it is excessive for you to indulge in yet another head cold at the end of the same month. And we are now four days into the New Year and the next month so I believe that it would be only proper for you to cooperate and get over this head cold asap. We have things to do, people to see, places to go. To that end, I promise you a cup of hot tea every evening before we go to bed. I know you are partial to ginger tea and I am willing to slow down at the end of the day to indulge in a mindful and soothing cup of ginger tea at the end of the day. If you should agree with me, please allow me the ability to breathe through both nostrils first thing tomorrow morning. I shall take this as a sign that we have a contract in place and no further signature or response will be required. Yours Truly, Satia

No comments:

Post a Comment