Friday, January 30, 2009

Snowy Nose

I don't know how well this pic came out but I am going to try to take more and maybe soon I'll have a better one to share. All Siberian Huskies are born with black noses (except for the white and red/brown ones which have brown noses). With each winter, the husky's nose will get a little pinkness in it. This pinkness fades in spring and summer only to return and get larger. Eventually the husky nose will never return to full black, as is the case with Romanov who has a perpetual pinkness to his nose now. Snowdoll is beginning to get her first blush of pinkness. Can you see it? Even a little maybe? No? I swear I'll take more pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea! We have a Husky/Golden Retriever mix named Seven, and his nose started to get pink earlier this year (he's five). This is good to know, and I CAN see a little bit of pink on Snowdoll's nose. By the way, your dogs are beautiful, and I hope Romanov is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is feeling better. Just one of those things that comes with old age. He'll be twelve this year so he's an old man. I'll have to take another photograph of Snowdoll's nose sometime in February when it will be its pinkest. :)

      Delete