Thursday, April 01, 2010

April Fool's Day

Today is the anniversary of my being baptized, an event that now seems more foolish than anything else.  Especially in light of the fact that a few years later I would found out that I had already been baptized as an infant.  So if not foolish, at least ridiculously redundant.

Today is also the one year anniversary of the death of a friend's husband. She's moved on.  Life goes on.  It's all very strange.  But that death began a series of deaths for last year that still has me exhausted.

And, in keeping with my countdown to my birthday, a possibly innocent man was executed on my birthday.  In 2006 my convictions regarding the death penalty were put to the test and I came through it with my personal convictions still solidly in place.  I do not believe in the death penalty under any circumstances.  Hopefully, I won't have all of my personal convictions tested in such a manner.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment