Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Not the Way to Start My Day

Last night I noticed that my right eyelid was itchy but, when I would go to scratch it, there was a pain that would immediately follow even the slightest rub.  I thought I felt a knot, a tiny bump.  Rob said he saw nothing.  Oh well.

I woke up this morning and my right eye was crusty and is practically swollen shut.  This is not the way to start the day.  It's hard enough to maintain my balance with both eyes fully functioning and theoretically affording me depth perception I would otherwise lack.  How am I going to get through today with only one functioning (and leaky) eye?

I probably should see a doctor.  Too bad everyone has to work today and I can't do anything about it for at least another two or three days.  Fingers crossed, I can manage to take care of it myself without its getting worse.


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! How is your eye now? I didn't even see this entry until this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was better yesterday but today it is worse. Rob is going to get me an eye patch. I think in my sleep I am irritating it. I hope it goes away soon. I was supposed to go out for coffee with Kanika on Saturday.

    But hey . . . I can be all pirate like what with the eye patch and all. Or maybe I'll be like Elle Driver. Yeah. This could actually be fun.

    ReplyDelete