Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Randomness

This website is "I Write Like" and if you input some of your own writing it will analyze what you put in and spit out a writer whose style is similar to your own. I seem to write like Anne Rice (novella), Margaret Atwood (blog), and David Foster Wallace (poetry and blog).  So whose writing is yours most like?

http://iwl.me/

This site is really interesting although frankly I think it could do without some of the text.  Photographs of different things with an emphasis on form.  Everything from a clock to cars to architecture is represented and it is just interesting to appreciate craft in the daily things of life.

http://designfabulous.blogspot.com/

This class was originally scheduled to start .  . . I forget when.  It's been rescheduled and now it starts this Friday.  Erm, next Friday I mean.  Today is Friday.  Not today.  Next Friday.  yeah.  Learn to watercolor paint.  Woohoo!

http://creativelive.com/courses/watercolor101/

I realize that this is not a lot of randomness.  I'm still not feeling well and not spending a lot of my time sitting at the computer.  Eventually I'll be doing more online and, when I am, I'll stumble into more interesting things online.  In the meantime, I'm doing the best I can.  Enjoy!

(And since I don't have a lot to share, here's a pic of Romanov sleeping with his pokey tongue sticking out.)





2 comments:

  1. Pretty much every entry of my blog I pasted into the I Write Like analyzer said I write like a guy. Different guys. And my blog is the only writing of mine I have to paste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised I came up as a woman at all, frankly. Not sure how it works nor do I think it's accurate. But it's an amusing and momentary distraction.

    ReplyDelete