Monday, November 08, 2010

Bliss to You by Trixie Koontz


Bliss to You: Trixie’s Guide to a Happy Life by Trixie Koontz dog as told to Dean Koontz is a book of dog inspired wisdom, written in a peculiar syntax that I suppose is meant to be cute.  Personally I think if a dog knows how to write a book, it probably also knows how to speak grammatically correct English.

But in the end, it’s okay.  This book is full of plain good advice and common sense.  From the importance of having a quiet heart to the pleasure one can find in a cookie, Trixie sounds much like a zen master, encouraging the reader to love life.

This book is absolutely for dog lovers.  What Trixie has to say about cats is not very zen, frankly, or Christian, for that matter.  That is my one disappointment.  And don’t think for a minute that the only reason I am saying I loved this little book is because the royalties go to Canine Companions for Independence because I am not above giving a negative review to a book even if the proceeds are going to a good cause.

This is just a precious book, a fluff yet insightful book that I would highly recommend to anyone who loves dogs. A perfect stocking stuffer or filler for a gift basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment