Friday, December 10, 2010

BrainPort Balance Device Search

Brainport Balance Device Search

This site links to several studies re. the Brainport Balance Device which is being clinically tested for FDA approval.


The first link is to research using the device in helping adults with balance deficits due to stroke. Most of the research I have found for the device has focused on vestibular vertigo. This is the first research I have seen that focuses on cervical vertigo, brain/nerve damage rather than ENT complications.


This study focuses on the use of the BrainPort Balance Device on improving Bilateral Vestibular Hypofunction (BVD). Although the study has been terminated, there are no test results at this time.

In Washington, this device is being successfully used on patients with vestibular vertigo. It's exciting to finally see this becoming available in the United States.

Obviously, my personal research continues and whether I ever see the day where I am once again able to move without losing my balance, I at least have hope that someday there will be a cure for this condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment