Monday, January 03, 2011

Just a Place Mark


Yesterday I spent the day in bed.

I say spent.  It felt more like I wasted yet another day.  After being in bed struggling towards health for days, it was nice to have a romantic dinner with Rob and then a day of socializing but I resented every minute I lay in bed, trying to recover from everything.

I suppose it didn’t help that the weather was unkind: rain and wind.

I really had no choice.  With company coming today, I had to allow my body the rest it demanded or how could I fight my way through today?

And I needed to fight.  My computer was being problematic and, although I had planned on editing the newsletter, all I could do was compose the content and make sure I had enough relevant content, content that I thought was interesting, to say that it is complete.  I decided to review three resources, rather than one.  I made sure I had images, sent an email to confirm that I had permission to use one image, etc.

That was yesterday.  I didn’t sleep all day, which is what I’d been doing all last week, waking up long enough to read a little, nibble a little, collapse again.  At least I was in bed reading, making notes, thinking.

Always thinking.  Unless I’m asleep.

Today we had company coming and I knew I had to have a rough preview of the newsletter ready.  Push push push.

Company.

And then . . . uh oh . . . is that the back of my throat feeling dry?  Drink water.  Scratchy?  More water.  Uh oh.

I want to collapse but time for dinner.  Dinner first.

And more water.

I had hoped to begin writing something about my Reiki meditation this morning but I really don’t have the energy to focus my thoughts.  Instead, I am updating this almost as a place mark, a reminder that I wanted to post about the Reiki Principles and affirmations.  I guess I’ll have to do it on a day which is not so busy.

To quote Scarlett O’Hara, “Tomorrow is another day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment