Friday, January 21, 2011

Weekly Quotes Part 3

If (or rather when) you move to death, you’ll learn its language through the educational process known as total immersion.  (7)


I suppose this should be frightening but I find it wonderfully comforting.  Full immersion makes me think of sinking into a feather bed or a perfectly warm bubble bath.

. . . I understand that I was writing (recording) as well as seeking to right (to rectify) the wrong, and now, as I retell the tale, I realize that ‘I am still at the same subject’ still engaged in the same fearful and fierce activity–writing and seeking to right a mortal wrong.  (86-87)

Why write wrong if the writing won’t right the wrong? (90)

I posted this last on the well-being blog because I think it is an interesting question.  Why write about a wrong when writing won't change the past or the wrong that is still there?

Women know intuitively when they are being devalued.  (121)

I could write so many stories of times when my intuition told me something that proved to be true.  Why didn't I listen?  Usually because I listened to a friend who assured me it wasn't that way.  Or some comment on my blog telling me that I was reading too much into something.  And yet, every time I intuited something it was correct.  I have so rarely been mistaken that I could easily number them on both hands.  Perhaps only one.


We must teach our girls that if they speak their mind, they can create the world they want to see.  (145)





Any self-prompt that reminds you to focus on flow not ebb, contributes to your greater sense of abundance.  (53)













Every day offers us simple gifts when we are willing to search our hearts for the place that's right for each of us.  (January 15)


I think most of the people I know would say that I am a Pollyanna, seeing the silver-lining in just about anything and everything.  Sometimes it takes a little time and distance, a bit of perspective, to help me see clearly but, in the end, I usually find myself seeing something glorious in every experience.  It helps me get through some of the hard times, walking through them with a confidence that eventually I'll look back and see things for what they were all along.


Usually, when the distractions of daily life deplete our energy, the first thing we eliminate is the thing we eliminate is the thing we need the most:  quiet, reflective time.  Time to dream, time to contemplate what's working and what's not, so that we can make changes for the better.  (January 17)

1 comment:

  1. I accidentally hit delete on a comment. Damn.

    From Patches the following comment was accidentally deleted:

    Why write about a wrong???

    Because I can. Mostly because doing so helps get it out of me. Allows me to let it go so I can move on. Also writing for us helps us remember a memory in its entirety.

    ReplyDelete