Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Anything Above 5mph is a Challenge

We long ago recognized that windy and snowy and sleety and haily (?) days all aggravated my vertigo. We also knew wind would affect how I feel, sometimes even more so than the above but, typically, most of the aforementioned weather conditions come with wind so it was hard to say where my line of demarcation is. Now we know. Anything above 5mph is going to make me feel dizzier than others.

The following gives you an idea of how I will be feeling for the rest of the week.  First cross of the days where there is any rain (1, 4, 5, 8) and then any day the wind is higher than 5mph (1-3, 5, 8, 9).  Right now it looks like I'll be "okay" on the 6th and 7th.  However, if I have to deal with more than a few days of bad weather, it takes me at least one day to recover from it which means . . . I might feel as good as it gets on the 7th.

Of course, weather being what it is, we can't really count on much of this being true except:  over 5mph and anything slightly inclement will mean I am feeling miserable.

And yes, for those who do not have vertigo or who are living with vertigo, "suffer from" vertigo, experience vertigo, and wondering if it is normal to feel worse when the weather is less than lovely, the answer is yes.

Let me reiterate:
Is it normal for someone with vertigo to feel worse when the weather is bad?
Yes, from my experience and from what I've heard from others, it is quite normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment