Sunday, February 27, 2011

Things-To-Do List Reviews


Work Related
Sign up for online course and begin working at it
Organize desk and desktop
Organize files
Sort through basket
Apply to jobs (monthly ttl 59/annual ttl 97/interviews 0)



Of course, I had hoped to get more done but I didn't.  I probably need to sort the basket if for no other reason than we couldn't find some necessary paperwork earlier this week and I can only hope the missing documents are in the basket.

Conference Work
Upload conference call notes to blog
Reschedule workshop committee conference call
Reschedule ejournal committee conference call
Create mid-month note
Upload and post-date poems to blog (started but unfinished)
Listen to Lifelines and take notes


I am still trying to coordinate one conference call.  I had thought I'd try to get them both scheduled but I was so confused by the different times suggested by the first one that I knew if I tried to do a second one it would just add to my confusion.  I opted to keep it simple, coordinate one and then get to the other.  So it's taken me the entire week to confirm that we might have a conference call tomorrow afternoon.  Not good enough.


Email
Get email inbox under 200 unread (currently 365)
Write Patrick (re 2010)
Write Mary Emily (re gift)
Write Momma (re book and box)
Write Evi (re package)
Write Saila
Write Greg (re holidays)


I really need to make time to just sit and write one email.  It is silly that I don't just devote an afternoon or a morning to this.  Maybe Friday.  I think that if I just look at my calendar and highlight a specific time, give one hour to what I want to say, and then write until the time is up, I could get through most of this list in a few weeks.  As it is, it never changes because I never really begin.  At least my inbox is under 400 unread.  (I think that my new goal will be to get it under 300 and then create a new one that has me reaching for getting it under 250, etc.  Smaller increments will help me feel more successful.)

House
Laundry
Organize shelves in guest room
Organize shelves in great room
Holiday decorations in attic
Scrub kitchen floor



This week I hope to really begin some of this.  I say that but then I don't act on it.  I'm only frustrating myself.  But at least the laundry is done, folded, etc.


Personal
Reiki meditation 5x per week (3x)
Strength training 3x per week (1x)
Cardio 3x per week (1x)
Yoga daily (4x)
Update well-being blog twice (1x)
Update personal blog twice (1x)
Update body blog daily (4x)
Get driver's license renewed (Friday)



I completely lost track of most of these things.  I think the problem is that I don't really know how to keep track of it.  I will vaguely recall that I made a post but then I can't always say with confidence whether it was to the one blog or the other and then I can't remember if I already counted that post or not.  Rather than give myself posting credit where none is due, I just don't update that item on the list.  


Social
Saturday Morning walk with Kanika
Schedule new game day
Schedule coffee or something with Rossana
Call Love


This seems to be the only list that ever really sees fulfillment, or gets close to it, anyway.   Probably because it involves other people.  It is easier to let myself down than others.


Reading
A Voice of Her Own
Insecure at Last
Moving On
Anne of Windy Poplars
The Self-Compassion Diet




I returned A Voice of Her Own to the library.  I've read it before and had borrowed it to read as a resource for an upcoming newsletter.  That issue is not scheduled until June so I have plenty of time to borrow it again after Easter.



Write Reviews
Moving On
Insecure at Last



There is no reason I couldn't have filled this one and marked it as complete.  I just kept postponing and postponing.   Lesson learned.  I know I have shit to do so I had better stop putting it off and just do it, dammit!

4 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion, and you may have already tried this, but maybe you could not do some of the things that involve other people. If you think you get that part done more because you don't want to let anyone down, then think of it like this, we love you. We understand if you need to do some "you" things and you aren't letting us down if you focus on yourself for a change.
    And it seems like your idea about the hour to sit down and write them emails is a great idea. I keep up with my email daily. As soon as something enters my spam, I check it and delete it. If my inbox has unread messages, I see if it's useful and if not, I just mark it as read because I know even if I think it's interesting, I'm probably not going to go back and read it anyway. And if I am interested, I know it's there.
    The only folder that I have is my FB folder and I could just turn my updates via email because I check my FB daily as well but I always go in and hit the check all box and mark them as read.
    Congrats on getting your inbox under 400 though! Yay! It seems like you are making a lot of progress.
    It's be useful if you had a lap top, then you can do some of these things while you are resting as well. Joe says they get first dibs on returned items and they are at an insanely discounted price, we will keep an eye out if it's something you are interested in. I think I'm probably going to get one soon ish. Before the middle of the year I figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered that but Rossana is moving to Boston on Thursday so it was sort of our last chance to hang.

    And you know family time is the same as "me" time because family doesn't feel obligatory so much as necessary.

    I definitely want to write thoughtful loving emails to some people though and I want to make that a priority because it would mean a lot to me.

    And I let myself get distracted or I don't figure out how to multi-task. Like I'll want to watch something on netflix and I could organize things while watching a movie. But I don't. That's just silly of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing. I feel like I have to watch an entire season of SVU and I only clean on commercials >.< Takes me a week to clean our bedroom.
    I tend to respond to emails immediately. Mostly because I'll forget what I want to say if I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem with writing these emails that are on my to-do list is that I want to write something thoughtful and not just throw a quick note together. A quick note, or comment even, I can manage but I am still trying to block out time for the other. Fingers crossed, this is the week I can cross at least one of those emails off my list.

    ReplyDelete