Sunday, March 06, 2011

Weekly To Do List Review


Work Related
Sign up for additional online course
--Word (started!)
--Excel
Organize desk and desktop
Organize file
Sort through basket
Apply to jobs (monthly ttl 19/annual ttl 115/interviews 0)

So I finally started one of the online courses.  I also revised my cover letter, taking a new approach with a little more self-disclosure.  I need to start doing more with Excel to brush up my skills but I test better with Excel than I do Word, for some peculiar reason.  My desk still needs attention.  But hey!  The basket is cleaned out.  It is now a "magazine/catalog" basket.

Conference Work
Upload conference call notes to blog
Reschedule workshop committee conference call
Send agenda to committee
Conference call: Tuesday @ 12:30
Type notes for conference call
Send conference call notes
Upload conference call notes to blog
Reschedule ejournal committee conference call
Send out mid-month note
Upload and post-date poems to blog
Remove poem and transfer to newsletter
Listen to Lifelines and take notes (cd 1)

Give or take, I did well this week.  We had the workshop conference call, very brief but relatively productive.  The board conference call was less productive but I typed up the notes, etc.  I've already begun building the March newsletter with the intention of beginning the April issue immediately afterward.

Email
Get email inbox under 300 unread (currently 370)
Write Patrick (re 2010)
Write Mary Emily (re gift)
Write Momma (re book and box)
Write Evi (re package)
Write Saila
Write Greg (re holidays)

And Mary is coming over today so aha!  Another thing off this list.  Whew!

House
Organize shelves in guest room (started!)
Clean blinds in great room
Organize shelves in great room
Scrub kitchen floor

Yeah.  Let's move on.

Personal
Reiki meditation 5x per week
Strength training 3x per week
Cardio 3x per week
Yoga daily (su-mo-tu-)
Update well-being blog twice
Update personal blog twice
Update body blog daily
Study Italian 3x (su)
Write February newsletter
Post movie & tv reviews for February
Post Reiki wrap-up for February

I think I did more than I recorded but I am not quite in the habit of keeping track of these things.  Not sure what it's going to take to make this happen but I keep saying I will do it.  For instance, I know I did Italian at least twice and I updated the body blog almost daily.  I also did yoga more often than listed and I did cardio .  . . twice?  I think.  I forget.  I really need to update this list at the end of the day.  Perhaps I should just commit to doing it after dinner or something . . . I dunno.

Social
Saturday Morning walk with Kanika (canceled due to rain)
Schedule new game day
Call Love

I usually call Love on Saturday but I swear yesterday didn't feel like Saturday and I couldn't  get into the rhythm of the day for some strange reason.  Of course, she didn't call me either.  Anyway, it's a new week.  Moving along . . . 

Reading
The Self-Compassion Diet
Anne’s House of Dreams
Stories of Illness and Healing: Women Write Their Bodies

I am absolutely committed to reading the first book on this list starting today.  I had started it before but set it aside when I hurt my back.  I feel better now so now is the time to renew my intention.  Look for more books to be added to this list today.

Write Reviews
Moving On
Peace and Plenty chapter 3
Big Girl Small
Transfer some reviews to amazon

Never a dull moment but at least I get most of the review writing done.  I think that has to do with my realizing that if I wait too long I won't remember certain details and then will write a less than relevant review.  

And I realize that my weekly to-do list is obviously too much because I never complete it by the end of the week.  Still, I'd rather have too much on the list than too little, I suppose.  This could be a reason why I am never bored.  How can anyone ever be bored when there's  so much to do and to experience?  It baffles me.

4 comments:

  1. Now Im gonna add one more task to your to do list. Since you mentioned that piece you wrote, Id like you to upload it so I can read it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd need to find it and probably tweak it a bit (because I can never reread my writing without changing something) but it's not an impossibility.

    You'll notice that right now the "to do list" block to the left is blank. I'm working on my list now. I'll add "find the piece" to the list and who knows . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. .....and I who thought I had too much to do .... you have definitely won!

    Very nice blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I win. I didn't even know there was a competition. Oh boy!

    And thank you. The look is likely to change once our daffodils come into bloom so hopefully you like the content and not the purple. (Albeit, purple is my favorite color so it's likely to be back sooner rather than later.)

    ReplyDelete