Saturday, March 19, 2011

Weekly To Do List Review


Work Related
Sign up for additional online course
--Word (started so this week finish)
--Excel (sign up and get started)
Organize desk and desktop
Organize file
Apply to jobs (monthly ttl 20/annual ttl 116/interviews 0)
Email Jessica

I haven't checked how many jobs I applied to this past week so I still need to update the totals but, until I have a job, this is something that will obviously not be crossed off the list so much as it will be an ongoing record of my commitment to finding a job.

Conference Work
Upload conference call notes to blog (from 3 March)
Send out March newsletter
Begin mid-month note
Upload and post-date poems to blog
Remove poem and transfer to newsletter
Listen to Lifelines and take notes (cd 1)
Write poetry e-workshop outline
Send outline to John

There is some big news regarding the volunteer work I do for the conference but I'm not in a position to say anything at this time.  Because of this shift, you may see less here than before and then the announcement . . . probably in another month or so.

Email
Get email inbox under 350 unread (currently 435)
Write Patrick (re 2010)
Write Momma (re book and box)
Write Evi (re package)
Write Saila
Write Greg (re holidays)

I did it!  I got my email down to 350.  Next week:  300!


House
Organize shelves in guest room
Clean blinds in great room
Organize shelves in great room
Scrub kitchen floor

Most of this week I tried to find a rhythm to my day but I am still having a hard time sinking into a routine.  Early this week it occurred to me that my day-to-day life feels out of control this year because I haven't had a chance to settle into a routine.  Think about the year thus far--Rob's surgery, my back, then a virus--and it becomes quickly apparent why I am not feeling like my life has any routine.  It will happen.  It always does.  But it won't happen overnight.


Personal
Reiki meditation 5x per week
Update well-being blog twice
Update personal blog twice
Update body blog daily
Study Italian 3x
Post piece online (Monday)
Write letter to hospital for Rob

I got some of these things done but I didn't track them.  Oops.  Again, part of my having a routine.  I also removed all of the exercising from this list last weekend because I was still recovering from the virus.  I was actually able to exercise even though I didn't have it listed as something to be done.

Social
Walk with Kanika (Saturday)
Schedule new game day
Bibisitting Saturday (woohoo!)

Kanika had to cancel our walk but we rescheduled for today.  Whew!  And Bibisitting is always fun. 

Reading
The Self-Compassion Diet
Stories of Illness and Healing: Women Write Their Bodies
You Can Beat the Odds!
Art & Lies

Write Reviews
Peace and Plenty chapter 3
Lady Susan
Some Personal Papers
Art & Lies

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could organize my life like this. Even if it's overwhelming to think that there is so much to do and not enough time, I can't even remember the things I need to do long enough to make a list. I'm going to try though. Here goes nothin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if it's any consolation to you, there's no way I could have been this ambitious when I was trying to raise my children but now that I have all this time on my hands, one would think I could do more than I do every week.

    ReplyDelete