Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weekly To Do List Review


Work Related
Sign up for additional online course
--Word (started so this week finish)
--Excel (sign up and get started)
Organize desk and desktop
Organize file
Apply to jobs (monthly ttl 22/annual ttl 118/interviews 0)
Call Marie
Call Kirsten (left message)
Email Kirsten

One of these days, I'm going to actually do something about my desk. This week it didn't happen for reasons that will become more clear later.  For now, suffice it to say, I was stopped for reasons within and beyond my control.

Conference Work
Begin mid-month note
Remove poem and transfer to newsletter
Create Poem-a-Day Email list
Write review for Breaking the Silence

Again, shit happens and . . . well, I didn't do much this week.

Email
Get email inbox under 325 unread (currently 350)
Write Patrick (re 2010)
Write Momma (re book and box)
Write Evi (re package)
Write Saila
Write Greg (re holidays)

At least my email is now at 335.  That has to count for something.

House
Organize shelves in guest room
Clean blinds in great room
Organize shelves in great room
Scrub kitchen floor

I promise, the reason is coming.  Why did I do so little?  

Personal
Reiki meditation 5x per week
Update well-being blog twice
Update personal blog twice
Update body blog daily
Study Italian 3x
Yoga daily (mo-tu)
Cardio 5x per week
Strength 3x per week
Write television/movie reviews
Write March newsletter

And on Tuesday I hurt my back.  Yes, my dear readers.  Once again my best laid plans went awry because I do something stupid and then don't do anything else while I recuperate.  I almost started to cry but I reached for a muscle relaxer and slept the rest of the day.  Wednesday I felt only a tightness in my back.  Thursday I did a very gentle yoga practice.  Same with Friday.  This morning, I did a qigong practice since Kanika and I were scheduled to go for a walk.  Only problem is we got our times mixed up and didn't walk.  I still feel like crying because I'm so frustrated with how hard this year has been for me and it feels like it's too much to even get three weeks of consistency out of my schedule.  But fuckit.  Moving on.

Social
Walk with Kanika (Sunday)
Walk with Kanika (Saturday
Schedule new game day

Well, clearly the Saturday walk isn't happening right?  Moving on . . .

Reading
Stories of Illness and Healing: Women Write Their Bodies
You Can Beat the Odds!
Emotional Freedom
Peace and Plenty

I am loving Stories of Illness and Healing and would honestly recommend it to everyone.  Emotional Freedom is boring me more than Peace and Plenty, which is saying a lot because the latter is pretty damn boring.  At this point, I'm trying to finish the latter just to get it over with.

Write Reviews
Peace and Plenty chapter 4
You Can Beat the Odds

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully your back isn't bothering ya at the moment. Get better soon love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fully better by Thursday but I was still being gentle. Yesterday, I tried to do an abs and back workout and had to stop before the warmup was finished because the same muscle was already warning me it wasn't happy with what I was doing.

    Not sure how one is supposed to strengthen a muscle without straining it but I have to do something about this or I'll just keep hurting myself. :(

    ReplyDelete