Friday, April 15, 2011

Decoupage Inspiration

My son left behind his desk when he moved out.  He may or may not take it with him in September.  In the meantime, I was trying to determine what to do with it if he should choose to leave it behind altogether.  And I came up with the idea of decoupaging it.  Rob doesn't like my idea.  That didn't stop me from going online and looking for inspiration.  Obviously, some of these are more inspired/inspiring than others.

Here is my table of faith, so called because I decoupaged it with pics of anything people might believe in, including love!!  I then added a gold fringe all the way round.



decoupage-table-by-bombus

DahliaDecoupage.jpg


atla-051208-decoupage01.jpg




Sunday Decoupage

Sunday Decoupage

Sunday Decoupage!

4 comments:

  1. I think I side with Rob on that one lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. In theory, I could do something cool, grabbing images from old blitz marketing flyers from the early 80s, promotional things from CBGBs and Max's Kansas City and such.

    I could but I probably wouldn't go in that direction. I'm too girly girl for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a great idea. We did a small table we have with animal images. It was fun and we love the result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, even after showing him some of these examples he was underwhelmed and asked me to not think about it any further.

    I guess if I'm going to do this I should start with a smaller project anyway, like a stool. I may not like it was much as I think I would and the desk I'm considering decoupaging is quite large.

    ReplyDelete