- Leave from Atlanta airport on a flight that was surprisingly smooth.
- Arrive in Newark and my luggage is the first off the carousel. (I suppose statistically this happens but I don’t fly often so for it to happen to me is remarkable.)
- Get to my mother’s and Larry is not there but Ralph is happy for me to be there. Beauty, not so much.
- (Ralph = shih-tzu, Beauty = amazon parrot)
- We run errands (drop Beauty off to be bird sat while we are away and Trader Joe’s).
- Then we go to a Thai food restaurant where I have black noodles (?) because there is no ginger chicken.
- Home again to relax before bedtime and hang out with Larry who is home from a dinner party.
- Chocolate croissants and coffee for breakfast.
- Drop off Ralph at the vet for his vacation.
- Off to the New Age Health Spa.
- We do not stop for lunch nor do we arrive in time for lunch. Oops.
- Unpack and read and relax until gentle yoga and meditation with Lyn.
- Dinner (tofu kabobs to which Rob says “yuck”)
- Qigong workshop with Randi. (I was sweating the energy was flowing so well.)
- Sunrise hatha yoga with Randi.
- Breakfast buffet.
- Scheduled spa treatments. (My mother insists and, believe it or not, I have a hard time accepting her generosity. Take note, because this is a theme throughout.)
- Lunch with my mother.
- Lecture on juicing and detoxing with Randi.
- Qigong practice with Debbie. (Swimming dragon . . . ooooh ahhhhh.)
- Yin Yoga with Randi.
- Dinner (seitan enchiladas were very yummy)
- Evening lecture: Psychic Bodywork with Michelle Lorenzo
- Evening Movie: My Kid Could Paint That (documentary)
- Sunrise hatha yoga with Debbie (with a lovely lotus hands which I showed my mother at breakfast).
- Breakfast with my mother.
- My first spa treatment–a shirodhora treatment while my mother had a shiatsu treatment.
- Lecture on transforming stress with Randi.
- Gentle yoga and meditation with Randi.
- Dinner (turkey loaf as good as meatloaf, trust me)
- Evening lecture: Intensive Care for the Nurturer’s Soul led by Hueina Su.
- Sunrise hatha yoga with Randi
- My mother had an acupuncture treatment while I read.
- Lunch (very spicy sauce over otherwise yummy ravioli)
- My second spa treatment (sugar scrub and body butter rub down)
- Hatha vinyasa flow yoga with Lyn
- Restorative yoga with Lyn
- Dinner (chicken masala)
- Evening lecture: The Venus Evolution led by Hueina Su
- Sunrise hatha yoga with Debbie
- My third and final spa treatment–an aroma wrap with rose scented oil
- We leave before lunch because my mother had received 2 messages but could not listen to them. (Only enough signal to mock you with calls you can’t answer and voice messages to which you cannot listen. Very annoying which is why I kept my phone off for the duration of our stay.)
- Back home very quickly, more quickly than we had thought it should be.
- Larry arrived shortly thereafter, sick from food poisoning or a stomach flu or something.
- Relax until dinner of chicken and veggies and dessert (apple pie ala mode)
- After dinner conversation and then early to bed.
- Woke up too early. Coffee and croissants for breakfast.
- My mother needed to run errands but asked me to stay home because I slow her down.
- Larry and I had lunch (salad with the leftover chicken).
- Janice and Bill arrived and the four of us were off to shop at the mall.
- Larry bought me a bag but I didn’t find anything else I especially liked.
- Home again and off to dinner at Café Panache.
- Home again and hugs goodbye all around.
- Larry and I stayed up and talked (as we typically do on my last night).
- Then bed.
- Woke up way too damn early. Forced myself to go back to sleep and I had a nightmare.
- Raisin and walnut bread for breakfast with coffee. Yummm . . . .
- Relaxed and read while my mother made calls and appointments and Larry did the same with emails and such.
- Larry left for an appointment and the car arrived to take me to the airport.
- The flight was delayed and we hit a bit of turbulence but it wasn’t too bad. I was exhausted. Very.
- Bought Bibi a couple of books at the airport. Was so so so happy to be home.
- Greeted by two insane Siberian huskies when I walked through the door.
- Made dinner for myself and Bibi and Erin.
- I was alone for a while, unpacking and doing laundry.
- Rob came home and we caught up a little.
Another trip to my family has come and gone. When your family is as amazing and loving as mine, it is easy to go for a visit and easy to go home as well because home is always the place I most want to be and the only thing that could make it all better is if we lived closer.
I'll likely write out some more reflective moments. Feel free to ask me to "flesh out" any parts of the trip that I didn't explore with any depth. I figured it would be less tedious to read and write if I just hit the notes and see if anything interests you, my dear readers, further. I'm happy to oblige as best I can.