Friday, May 20, 2011

Weekly Quotes Part 20

Anne of Ingleside

One wore mourning in those days with a vengeance.  (116)

He sometimes talked real poetical but he meant well.  (117)

That second quote just made me chuckle.  The character, a widow wearing her weeds with a vengeance, is talking about her husband and I just love that “but he meant well.”










Writing Personal Essays


To make a poem sound right and mean right, I had to listen closely to it, check it with my ear and my heart, until all my conscious mind’s attempts to short circuit the revelation of truths and supply unearned truths were stopped.  (xx)


You have the right to say what you want about your experience.  (5)












Intensive Care for the Nurturer’s Soul


Self-awareness is the first step of any positive change.  (16)

No comments:

Post a Comment