Monday, November 14, 2011

All's Well That Ends . . . well . . .

I'm very likely going to be hosting a reading challenge of my own on book review blog.  I will announce it both here and there.  But I enjoyed the Classics Challenge this past summer and I'm still enjoying the Books I Should Have Read By Now Challenge so I'm keeping my eye open for other interesting reading challenges.

Over on A Literary Odyssey, there is a Shakespeare Reading Month Challenge.  I've been meaning to pick up on reading Shakespeare where I left off a while ago so this seems like a good way to get that kick started.


On Friday, Rob and I went to the school to politely request my money back but the administrator who brought us the bad news about the course being canceled said that they were going to have the class after all. Seems that 1) they knew back in September that the final class in the course would not be offered and 2) they should never have taken our money.  So even if there are only three of us in the class, they are going to have it.  And the teacher is willing to teach it even if there are only three of us.

So all's well that ends well.  Some other things came out after Thursday, things Rob hadn't told me about someone, things that I'm glad he didn't tell me because they would have diminished someone in my eyes but now, under the current circumstances, this someone needs to be diminished in my eyes and in my heart so the things he shared, although they hurt, hurt me for him rather than myself.  And that's what I needed.

I'll hopefully have more news regarding my own reading challenge for 2012 coming up.  I hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment