Tuesday, November 01, 2011

NaNoWriMo Snippet: Day 01

If you look to the right (at least with the current layout that is where you'll see it), you'll see a word count progress bar.  (And if you are reading this long after November 2011 then it is probably not there.  Sorry.)

Today begins NaNoWriMo and I am not officially participating for personal reasons I choose not to put out to the public.  But there is something to be said for the word count tracker they offer on their site and the idea of public accountability. I am also not writing a novel and, although I know that other people participate in the challenge who are not writing novels, I am not following the rules so why bother officially registering?

So here I am and here, for your reading pleasure (or at least distraction) is the first of what I hope will be thirty nano snippets.
It was somewhere between the two Larry’s our relationship fell apart and that is how I ended up living at Project 21, a group home for teenagers who had nowhere else to go.

3 comments:

  1. You will have to explain this NaNoWriMo thing to me later. But I like the first snippet! Curious as to where it goes from there.
    Also, my hot college professor has convinced me to try and Harry Potter and while I failed to become interested the first time I am going to force myself through it this time. Also, did you read todays Sympathy? It's about a poet named Jennifer Knox..if you haven't read her, you probably should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not only read the post but I've added her to my never ending reading list. However, I obviously forgot to leave a comment on your blog, however. I've been so distracted with anatomy and nano and poetry. I think I'm going to implode. I hope I get a good night's sleep. I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interestingly enough, the girl I am trying to date is a friend of a friend of Ms Knox and they showed her the blog. She loved it and ended up sharing it on FaceBook! So it is a good day for me!

    ReplyDelete