Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Gloomy Gray Day Surprise

It is another gray and gloomy day here and the lovely sound of the rain is like an invitation to stay in bed and read a good book.  Then I walked into the room and saw the holiday lights dangling from our eaves and smiled because if it were not gloomy, I would not have seen them sparkling as they are against the holly tree outside the window.  This is the same holly tree that attracts the birds and squirrels that are a constant and delightful distraction as I write.

I apologize for the poor quality of this photograph taken through a window screen.  It was the best I could do.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is lovely. It has been gloomy here as well, but everyone has hung their Christmas lights and it's so beautiful at night it helps even things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, I was worried that our neighbors across the street were not going to go all out this year because one day there were lights up but it was hardly what I had come to appreciate from them.

    The next day they more than made up for it by adding to what they had already put up and then adding still more than they had the year before.

    My faith in humanity has been restored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me!

    Your blog looks good, too. Which is why I have decided to follow it!

    I publish That's Books on blogger, by the way. And several other That's... titles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thatsnews, You have so many blogs, I don't know how you manage to keep up with them all. And I appreciate your following my blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete