Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week Four Preempted For Today's Breaking News

I had thought today I would write about last week which was, truth be told, dull.  Except for the puppies who seem to continue to be doing crazy things whenever Rob and I leave the room.  I also had a couple of silly quotes from me and one from Bibi, my granddaughter.

But then Romanov who is perfectly fine now had a seizure, a particularly bad one from which he emerged disoriented, temporarily blinded, and struggling to walk.  He hasn't had a seizure in a long time and this is only his second.  I know that there's nothing to worry about and that he came through okay.  He ate. He drank some water.  He was even rough-housing with Snowdoll.

Yeah.  He's fine and I'm a collapsed mess, trying to focus on my studying and catching myself just staring at the page unable to remember what I just read.  So I surrender.  I'm going to grab a book and head off to bed.

How shook up was/am I?  I forgot to eat dinner.  I just realized.  Rob even reminded me.  And I think I got up to make something but I didn't and now . . . I'm eating popcorn before I go to bed.  Does that count as dinner?  Probably not.  Oh well.  Too late now.

10 comments:

  1. Poor little chap! Hope he is OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's fine. The usual frame of reference is that an occasional seizure while alarming is not something to worry about. On the other hand, you keep a weary eye out for the next seizure and hope it doesn't happen within a certain time frame (i.e. one year). His first and only other seizure was 20 October 2010 so he's beyond that "within a year" but this one was absolutely worse than the previous one. So we'll be watching him closely.

      Delete
  2. No, popcorn doesn't count as dinner, but some days popcorn and a good book are all you need. It sounds like you had one of those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I'm glad I was able to get a lot of studying done that morning because the early part of my afternoon was spent walking and then talking. My friend called and we talked for about 40 minutes. So when Romanov had his seizure, I had done the minimum amount of studying and although it would have been nice to do more, I really couldn't focus properly. Today I have class so focus or lack thereof, I have my work cut out for me.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes. Yes it was. And now we wait to see that it doesn't happen again within the next week, especially, and then hope he doesn't have another one in the next year.

      Delete
  4. That's such a shame. Hope he is okay. Sometimes a wee bit of sugar after a fright is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been fine since the incident and we're now four days past the event so I'm going to assume that this seizure will be like the last--a fleeting but really scary moment.

      I should remember the sugar next time I'm alarmed like that. We keep some local honey in the house for allergy season. I don't need a lot of excuse to indulge in between seasons.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes . . . not unlike that legendary curse: May you live in interesting times. I am ready for dull. This week has been anything but.

      Delete