Saturday, March 31, 2012

tick tick tick

As you all know, blogger is getting ready to make some changes which will take effect tomorrow.

As some of you may know, the new user interface was available months and months ago.  If you didn’t like it, you could change back to the old blogger but you knew, in the back of your mind, the change was coming and someday the powers that be would force the new UI on everyone.

As some of you may or may not know, the new blogger and I do not get along.  Specifically, it exacerbates my condition and literally makes me sick. 

So clearly I have a dilemma.

I am hoping that between the time I tried it before, either I have become stronger (which is quite possible) or blogger has made some changes (highly unlikely) and I will not find the new UI as challenging to my well-being as before.

We won’t know any time soon, regardless.  I have bad days without even using a new interface and I won’t automatically assume that my feeling nauseous means the new blogger is upsetting me. Instead, I’ll be giving it a week or two before I determine one way or the other.

I honestly don’t know what I will do if it turns out that I can’t really use the new blogger interface without making myself sick.  I’ll either have to stop blogging, which is an option.  Or I will have to migrate my blog to another site.  Also an option.

I don’t like either of those options.  So I’m going to cross my fingers and hope for the best.  In the meantime, let’s have some fun.  Me, I’ll be Bibisitting and supervising the baking of the Birthday Cake.  What do you have going on today?

Edit:  Bibi won't be coming over to play today but she will be tomorrow so all's well that ends well.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not looking forward to it at all. I may migrate to wordpress, but I've gotten sooooo used to this! UGH!

    Glad I fell upon your blog :) Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may migrate my blog and, if I do, it will likely end up being to wordpress. It's just frustrating but also inevitable. Life is full of change and some of the changes are easier than others, I suppose. But I feel like I've already had to give up so many things because of my condition and this is one more thing.

      I'm glad you fell upon my blog as well. I hope it is more pleasant than falling on a sword.

      Delete
  2. What are these changes? If one has to migrate to another site - do you lose all of your followers and bloga? If you migrate to wordpress, as Satia said, does that mean you have to start everything all over? I had no clue this change was coming??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be that you are already using the new IU. There was an option to use it or not use it and I tried it. After a couple of weeks and feeling sicker and sicker, I finally had to cease, switching back to the old one. All google products are being migrated to these changes which are, now doubt, designed to ease communication between products. That's fine, but some are not good for me and I may be forced to change so many things. Fortunately, my husband suggested we could use outlook for my email. Whew! And I've figured out how to filter out animated-gif happy g+ users. Now it's a matter of seeing how I feel now. I may have improved since then. I may be able to cope more easily. If not, I will do what I need to do to take care of myself.

      Delete
  3. What is it about the new interface that messes with you? I don't like it either, I'm just curious. It's far too bright and boring. I wish they'd at least give you the option to customize it. That might work to allow you a way to still use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why but it makes me e feel like I'm falling. It's very hard for me to type or do anything when I feel like I'm falling and, if I try to keep using it, hoping that the falling sensation will go away, I'll only end up making myself sick. It's just not worth it.

      Delete
  4. I remember when you made the switch last year and then changed back. I didn't because the pages were so hard to navigate through and now it looks like they've given none of us a choice. I'm going to try and stick it out. I'll probably post much less though. Here's wishing us all luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I take some comfort in knowing that some people have probably already made the switch and love it. Still, luck is good and here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete