Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Feel Like Time is Not on My Side

Let’s not get too excited but I confess I managed to read a couple of chapters of different books on my kindle.  That’s right.  I carried it around with me, give or take a few times when it remained ignored on my desk.  Eventually, I decided to figure out how to use it.  It took me 5 minutes to figure out how to find the Kindle Handbook.  When I finally did so, it said that it would take about 10 minutes to read.  At this point, my relationship with my e-reader was obviously not going very well and my expectations were pretty low.  But I soldiered through and I eventually reached the point where I was not only reading whole chapters but I was actually highlighting and finding out things that made me so happy, I sent texts to a few people to tell them the good news.

Almost every day, Rob and I walk 2 miles.  One day I couldn’t walk the second mile because my knee hurt and another Rob couldn’t finish the first mile because of his sugar levels.  Otherwise, we hit two miles each and every day.  I’ve been wearing a pedometer to track my average daily steps, with the intention of adding 2000 when I know what my usual daily steps are. 

Why the push? 

Google’s changes.  I went ahead and made the blogger change, even though it was not yet forced on me and the very first post I created took me over two hours.  Then, to add insult to injury, they changed the g+ interface and that one is literally making me sick.  So I dip in and out which is the best I can do.  Given that I am about to face google changing gmail too, and I already know that isn’t going to work for me, I am going to have a nearly impossible time using any of them let alone all three. 

I’ll be making some necessary choices in the coming weeks.  We’ve already discussed migrating my email.  I don’t trust facebook anymore (not that I trust much online, really).  I don’t want to make a hasty decision.

In other news, the books for my next course, this one an online course, arrived.  All the more reason for me to be careful with how I use my online time. 

Other than that, the week was fairly ordinary.  Kanika and I walked around the neighborhood and there was a neighborhood garage sale.  I was able to pick up a pair of wings for Bibi, a book, and something we plan to put up for her for Christmas.  We also picked up a stuffed animal for next year’s Easter basket.  I love a bargain.  I really, really do!

The coming week promises to be interesting.  Very much so.  For one thing, I’ll begin studying again.  On Monday . . . well, Monday is something special.  Which means we’re starting off the week in a good way and then I’ll be lost in my studies yet again.  But at least I won’t be taking night classes that mess with my sleeping.  So I’ll probably be better able to handle things and, if not, I managed to survive the other coursework and I’m sure I can pull through it again. 

For those of you who live in the Georgia area, you will laugh when I confess that my hands and feet and nose have been like ice all this week.  It was so bad that Rob brought out the space heater again, tired of my stubborn insistence that if I just add one more layer, I would be okay.  He was right. I moved to the space heater and I was no longer cold.  I hope you enjoyed a chuckle at my expense.

2 comments:

  1. I must get me a Kingle very soon. Everyone says it's the bomb. Also, doesn't the walking just make you feel better emotionally? It always does for me. I love an evening. The new Blogger changes have taken some getting used to but I've finally adjusted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know that anyone "must" get one but I'm sure that eventually I'll get to where I think they make more sense than I do at this moment.

      I love walking but it can be a bit of a challenge and sometimes downright adventurous. Rob walks because it's good for his blood sugar levels and I do it because it serves as a form of functional exercise. That, and I'm trying to lose some weight. On our walks, we notice so many wonderful things about the flowers in our neighborhood and other things. It's really wonderful.

      Delete