Thursday, April 05, 2012

SKY
Image found here.
My birthday was lovely. I had one of those glorious yoga practices where I felt incredibly perfect afterwards.  When Rob woke up, he made me breakfast in bed, which required my getting back in bed but that's okay.  It was delicious--eggs and bacon.  (I'd already had fruit and coffee when I woke up.)

My mother sent me a package and in it was this keychain bear.  This picture really doesn't do it justice. It's ridiculously sparkly.  Joe and Bibi surprised me by dropping by and Bibi wanted to keep my new bear but I am a mean Gigi and said she could see it when she came over but it was my birthday present.

That's right.  Back off, kid.

I talked with my mother, received a variety of text messages from people who love me, and phone calls from other people who love me, and even a couple of emails from people who love me.  

A couple of our friends came over.  Fokes even made dinner for us while Chris tried to wake up.  The conversation was all over the place and there was not a single drop of wine or beer served.  Does it get any better than that?  I don't think so.

All-in-all, it was a lovely birthday.  And the celebration hasn't ended yet.  I am having brunch with Kanika on Saturday.  I have to enjoy myself while I can because I'll be starting a new course soon and I'll probably be overwhelmed and distracted all over again.

1 comment: