Monday, April 30, 2012

Ugh . . .



Anyone who knows me knows I think spitting is, at best, vulgar.  The truth is, I find it so distasteful that any time I see/hear or even think about it . . . yes, even this writing about it . . . I feel my jaw clench and my gag reflex begin to kick in.

Vomiting falls under this category of disgust so any scene in a movie, even when it is a moment that is not there purely for the sake of making the audience turn away, will make me cringe.

I could tell you stories about how far I will go to avoid being exposed to these things but to do so might make you sick.  Or me sicker than I already am.

Anyway, there you go.  A little insight into Satia.  Mind you, this isn't a phobia. It's not that I am scared into a mental paralysis by it.  I just don't want to heave at the thought . . .

4 comments:

  1. I am right there with you hun...the thought turns my stomach. Actually had issues reading this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I thought nothing could faze you. You are human after all. Wow . . .

      Delete
  2. I know the reasoning behind this and now I know my daughter isn't a liar. To be honest, I didn't believe her when she told me she saw it on My Little Pony! What a great Gigi you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it surprises me that they would show something like that on a show for such a young audience. Small children don't have the discernment of adults. I think that if we explain and reinforce that this is not something people do and you can explain to her why when she's older but for now it's enough to know this is not something she should do with her friends, cousins, etc. . . . . well, she's smart and she really wants to please others so I don't think she'll do it again.

    ReplyDelete