Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Went and Cut It All Off



Between the plumber being here all day (and interrupting my 3 mile walk, thank you very much!) and not having any water, it is a miracle I accomplished anything yesterday.  Actually, I only accomplished one significant thing and that was to get my waist long hair cut off. 

Yep.  The other day Mary and I went out to lunch and she mentioned she had a friend who was working on getting certified and he needed to do some particular haircuts.  One seemed to be a good fit for me and my features and I haven’t had my hair cut in ages.  I contacted him and he contacted me and yesterday at 5pm I was at Toni & Guy’s to get my hair done.


The haircut took over 3 hours because the stylist had to make frequent stops to have the manager check to ensure that he was not making any mistakes.   This explains why it took so long.  I will say that hearing the trainer telling the trainee that he had gone too short was a bit nerve wracking.  I mean, when you’re getting a short haircut, there isn’t a lot of forgiveness and if you start off too short . . . but I just reminded myself that hair grows and too short will be long enough in a few weeks so does it really matter, in the scheme of things?

Before he started cutting, more than one of the employees commented on how short I was going.  After all, my hair was down to my waist but I’ve had short cuts before and was not the least bit concerned.  I told them I was fine and there would be no remorse.  As they began cutting it all off, binding and bagging it so I could take it home, they also decided not to do the layering, saying it wouldn’t do anything to enhance the overall appearance of the style. 


When I came out of the salon, Rob’s first words:  You look great.  No wonder I love this man!  We were out so late, I was exhausted by the time we made it home, but we made it home to two highly excited and hungry dogs.  This is the exhausted picture I took of myself in profile.  


The funny thing is that I’m still not used to not having really long hair so when I pull a shirt over my head, I reach up to lift my hair out from my shirt even though I obviously don’t have to do this.  It’s going to take me a few days to get back into the habit of having shorter hair.  But I’m glad I went as short as I did because I am able to send my hair to Locks of Love.



And here I am, the morning after getting my haircut, and still quite happy with what I have. 



8 comments:

  1. Cute haircut! And I admire you for being so brave! If I could grow my hair to my waist, I'd never cut it!! But probably it's only a problem for those with bad hair, like me))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my hair is not meant to be long at all Ekaterina! I have baby-fine and very thin hair. It's never actually been that long before because it gets so thin and stringy. But I wasn't getting it cut so it just kept growing. I also trimmed off 1/4 inch every couple of weeks and it just kept growing. Naturally when I heard I could get a free haircut (albeit, I gave a tip because that's the thing to do even when you get something for free), I jumped at the chance. I think it's the perfect time of year to do something like this so I'm happy.

      Delete
  2. It looks fantastic! My hair grows incredibly fast. I don't usually let it get much past my shoulders anymore. It is thick and coarse, II think its great you are donating to Locks of Love. I am glad to hear yOu are back to posting regularly. I enjoy your take on things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, The grass is always greener, isn't it? I would love it if my hair were thick and grew fast. My daughter has thick and grows fast but it is also soft. She won't let it grow and most of the time she hides it from the world. But she has beautiful hair.

      Delete
  3. This looks super hot on you! I really like it!
    Also, I can relate (the habit of lifting hair that isn't there anymore etc.). And all the weight that is gone - feels so light now, doesn't it?
    Btw: when I first cut my hip-long hair years ago it was at a... tadaaa: Toni & Guy's! (Seriously.) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay . . .so what are the odds of that? I mean, all things considered, that we would end up at the same salon chain for a major hairstyle change. Wow! And kinda awesome too!

      Delete
  4. It looks great and must be so much lighter! Congratulations, Satia! And how nice to donate to Locks of Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm going to shower soon and I'm sure that when I use less shampoo than I have been, I'll be soooooo happy.

      Delete