Wednesday, April 10, 2013

When a Woman Has a Birthday


I wrote about my birthday here and here.  There is something about which I did not write, and it has to do with why I am so resistant to social networking.  Most social networking sites have a means of telling people when their “friends” have a birthday and my birthday was no different.  People were sending me messages of happy birthday and such.  I received many innocuous wishes for a happy one.  I took the time to say thank you to each person, occasionally leaving a response inspired by the wish from the person.

I don’t know what it is about birthdays that makes some men think that being inappropriately suggestive is suddenly appropriate. One person, after wishing me the usual happy birthday and a thank you from me, told me that he had something that would make my day special in his pants. Another said that he had a way I could celebrate my birthday in a big way and I just needed to join him in a chat so he could show me. 

I don’t know how many there were when all was said and done.  Of course, I had a choice to allow this ugliness to discolor my entire day or choose to have a good birthday in spite of some people I don’t even know. 

I had a great birthday.  I really really did. 

On Easter Sunday,
I woke up to this on my laptop keyboard
waiting for me.
It was soooo delicious.
And pretty.
Very pretty.

1 comment:

  1. I have almost all of my stuff set to private because while being able to talk to people all over the world is cool when it can be done instantly, the internet has been taken over by pervs. I also do not except any friend requests from people I do not know personally or someone I know knows personally.

    When it comes to men and the internet, if I don't know them, it is assumed that they have ulterior motives. Trust no one! Joe has taught me that much. I agree that I don't think it should be like this but it is. Standing up to them will not change anything, especially not when they are hiding behind their monitors and screens, and now with the delight of modern technology, they can even hide behind their phones.

    ReplyDelete