Sunday, June 30, 2013

Celebrating Good Times This Week

Photo: Have you tried our Swirl World frozen yogurt yet? Today, on National Yogurt Day, all new 6,000 square foot RaceTrac stores will be offering FREE Swirl World frozen yogurt from 4 - 7 p.m. (up to $4 per person). We have 10 flavors and 40+ toppings for a perfect summer treat!After weeks and months of studying, this last week has been an attempt on my part to get myself back into a routine.  So far, I have failed miserably.  For one thing, although I could have checked how I did on the exam online sooner than waiting for the results to arrive in the mail, I was determined to wait.  My logic, such as it was, was that I would either have reason to celebrate or I’d be discouraged.  So I put off getting bad news because good news is always welcome and my celebrating sooner wouldn’t really matter but I could maybe get more done if it was bad news.



But it was good news Yay!  I passed.  Yay!  And Rob and I went out and celebrated with some frozen yogurt.  Yay! 

And in spite of Rob’s birthday (Shira, Fokes, and Chris came over for pizza and cake) and celebrating my passing the exam with frozen yogurt, I actually lost some weight last week.  Taking Snowdoll for a walk every helps.  Poor Rob is still in pain from falling when he protected her from being attacked.  He went to the doctor who gave him a prescription for ibuprofen which is mostly an anti-inflammatory.  He needs something that is focused on pain relief as well.  Yes, it can work as a pain relief but he’s taking such a high dose that it is making him physically ill and he is still experiencing pain.  So now he’s not only in pain but he feels like throwing up.  Ugh.

Can I blame Rob’s being unwell for being partially responsible for my not falling into a routine just yet?  Not really.  Routines take time.  Some things remain the same.  I get up and do yoga.  I drink coffee as I check email.  I take Snowdoll for a walk when the sun rises and while it’s still cool(ish).  Then I have breakfast and read while I eat.  But from there things go wherever.  This week, I want to update my résumé.  Now that I have a certification, I am in a position to apply to still more jobs and possibly start getting some job interviews and maybe then I’ll actually get a job.  After all, that’s what I’ve been working towards for over a year now, right?

Between exercising, I’ll be updating my job search stuff and reading.  I posted reviews for:  Clean by David Sheff, The Children of Henry VIII  by Alison Weir, and Stag’s Leap by Sharon Olds.  There will be more book reviews coming this week.  And an update on my exercising.  And maybe some more excerpts from my novel or some other fragments of my writing.  Maybe I’ll even have something interesting to write about what I did this upcoming week.  You never know.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing your exam!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty. Hopefully soon you'll be congratulating me on having a new job. :)

      Delete