Monday, September 02, 2013

Following Up On Yesterday's Abbreviated Weekly Update

Erin's vision board.
In my previous post, I shared about some of the excitement that began my week without Rob.  He was dealing with some excitement of his own.  When he arrived in Kentucky, he found out his father was in the hospital with a staph infection and the doctors were discussing the possibility of his having to have his fingertip or even his entire finger amputated.  Fortunately, another doctor suggested a strong round of antibiotics and that was able to fight off the infection and Rob Sr. kept his whole finger.
Photo
Thursday, Snowdoll moved
to a different part of the deck.

Whew! 

Now, if you’re paying attention, Monday is the day I found out about Bibi being bullied and Rob found out his father came close to losing a finger(tip).  Monday is also the day I received a message from Marc saying he has five days to find a new place to live.  Five days.  On Tuesday, he still didn’t have a new place but he had information  for a roommate matching service and an apartment hunter service.  But only four days?  Wednesday, with Bibi no longer troubled with bullying on the bus and Rob having confirmed his father was heading home and not to surgery, Marc finally sent me a text after I had gone to bed.  He found a place to live. 

Photo
Friday, Snowdoll went
back to where she was before.
Thursday and Friday, I was feeling better, more myself, after having been sick for a few days the previous week.  So I resumed my strength training.  At this point, I’d given up on my August Challenge.  I mean, it’s one thing to figure out how to do a Plank when a bee has stung your toe but trying to do one with a nearly 102F fever was entirely too much.  I’m taking it slowly and I’ll write more about all of this tomorrow.

Saturday, rather than going for a walk, Kanika came here with muffins and magazines.  I had invited more than a few people but only Erin joined us.  The plan?  Make a vision board.  Hmmmm . . .but this time what would be the focus?  We all decided to just let inspiration flow.  Take the magazines, tear out images we like, and then see what we wanted to keep.  It worked.  Sorta.  Kanika realized that her pictures had a lot of exotic places so her vision board was all about traveling.  Erin also had photos of interesting places but she also had faces and other pretty things.  So her theme became evident as well.

Photo
Snowdoll went back to
the new spot on Saturday.
As for me, I had torn out pages and pages.  I even cut out a few of the details from the pictures I’d pulled.  But nothing came to me.  First Erin had to leave and Kanika left not long afterwards.  By then, I was exhausted and I ended up lying down which immediately led to a nap.  I woke up and ate some of the leftovers from our pot luck brunch.  Afterwards, I flipped through the magazines both Kanika and Erin had already torn apart to find some more pictures.  I still haven’t sorted through them but as soon as I do I’ll share a photo of my new vision board. 

Assuming after I look through all of the pictures I collected I find something that actually makes any sense.  So far I seem to have a lot of photos of birds.  Kingfishers.  Blue-Footed Booby Birds.  Swans.  Geese.   Ducks.  Maybe I’m feeling flighty.

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a roller coaster of a week! I came home and imediately went through the rest of the magazines. A lot of green, purple, black, and white. But then lots of autumn colors. NTT favorite time of year is coming. Hard to believe this year is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the photo you shared of the second vision board you made. Both of them came out great. Better than mine which remains woefully blank. :(

      Delete