Thursday, September 19, 2013

Itinerary Day Five

We are about halfway through our trip and, as you can see, we've been keeping very busy.  Today is no different, if the weather permits, because we're leaving Manhattan (!) and exploring a whole new borough.  Or one small part of it anyway.


Rob really wants to go to the Bronx Zoo and who am I to begrudge him a trip.  I've no doubt we'll go to see the penguins and tigers.  What else we'll want to see is anyone's guess.  Whatever else, it will be fun and also a long day so I'm guessing we'll just head back to the hotel from the zoo and stay there for the night.  Good thing we'll have some cheese we picked up a few days before from Zabars!

4 comments:

  1. Ha! My BF insists on visiting the ZOO EVERYWHERE we go. I'm not a fan, but it's quite enjoyable, so I never oppose. I think we've visited most of the major ZOOs in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't go to the Bronx Zoo but we did slip into the Central Park Zoo. Much smaller but it was the perfect fit to our schedule by then.

      Delete
  2. I would love to go to the Bronx Zoo! I've read that it's one of the best zoos in the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhh . . . don't tell Rob or he may hold it over my head that we didn't make it. Not that it was my fault. Well, maybe a little. But not entirely.

      Delete