Saturday, September 21, 2013

Itinerary Day Seven

This is the first weekend we'll be in NY and, after going to museums and zoos and such, we're going to avoid the family themed places and head out on a walking tour.


File:Washington square park.jpg

Today we're going to Greenwich Village.  I spent the best part of my childhood in this area so this is going to be a lot of fun.  Between the people watching, the window shopping, and the architecture, we'll have a blast!

File:Jefferson market.jpg

We'll stop by the Jefferson Market Library, my favorite place to be when I was young.

Greenwich Village Schools - P.S. 41

And we'll at least walk by PS 41, the elementary school where I went to school for three years.  (I went to two different schools for grades 4 and 5 and then onto IS 44 for 6-8.)

File:BOYS IN WASHINGTON SQUARE PARK, GREENWICH VILLAGE, LOWER MANHATTAN - NARA - 551720.jpg

Then we'll head to Washington Square Park which looked more like this when I was growing up--lots of dirt children.  Again, a lot has changed.  Even before I moved to Georgia, Washington Square Park no longer looked quite like this.

File:Electric Lady Studios 2013.jpg

And we'll walk along 8th street so Rob can see some of the truly amazing places that are still there while I point out a few that are no longer around.

File:RaysSixth.JPG

And then we'll head to Ray's to get some real New York pizza.  I don't know that this will be our first pizza but this will be the one that I feel is worth going out of our way to enjoy.

signature calligraphies small

At this point I'm probably dragging Rob to the Thich Nhat Hanh calligraphy exhibit.  Afterwards, we may also swing by and see the Chelsea Hotel, although by this time we may both be ready to head back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment