Tuesday, September 03, 2013

September Fitness Challenge

Readers' Workouts (Lite Logo)So I “failed” at my August Challenge.  I don’t actually see it as a failure because the fact that I committed to doing something is enough.  But when I became sick, it was too much for me to try to get out of bed let alone hold a plank for increasing increments of time.

This month I have a whole new challenge in store for myself.  I’m going to do one Modified Push-up a day starting with one and working my way up to 30.  Who knows?  Maybe by the end of the month I’ll be able to do 30 modified push-ups.

I’ve never been able to do a standard push-up.  My ultimate goal is to build up the upper body strength to do a full set and I’m hoping that by gradually building up my stamina with modified ones I’ll be able to do a standard one.

So this month, that is my challenge for myself.  Oh boy! 

What are your fitness goals for September?

6 comments:

  1. Great challenge! I managed standard push-ups about half way through doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred every other day -- my personal 1/2 60 Day challenge. It felt like quite an achievement!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could do the 30 Day Shred dvd. Every time I've tried, I've ended up injuring my knee. :(

      Delete
  2. I could never figure out pushups either. I can't control going down. Now I just sort of fall down and then push back up! Good luck on your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, coming from you, that made me chuckle as I am so in awe of your workouts! I'll keep in mind that falling down and then pushing back up counts as a push up. :)

      Delete
  3. Push ups are hard and I think it's great that you're working on them. My arms start getting quivery after just a few! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, They are hard. I managed to do five modified push-ups today. If I get to where I can't do the total number in one set, I'll just split them up into two sets. We'll see how that goes.

      Delete