Tuesday, September 10, 2013

So How's The Exercise Going? Well . . .

Readers' Workouts (Lite Logo)
Join the Readers' Workouts
at Joy's Book Blog.
Last week I worked harder to get back into a routine even though I knew I would be dropping the routine after this week.  What?  How do I know this? 
Before I get into that, let’s look at where I am.  My September Challenge to do one more modified push-up a day is on track.  Woohoo!  This morning I did 10 modified push-ups.  I am going to start doing two sets rather than one, building up to two sets of 10.  Then I will drop back down to doing 3 sets until I build up to three sets of 10. 

I have also been trying to reincorporate strength training into my daily routine.  I can’t say I’ve been successful but I don’t wait until “Monday” to start over again.  When I have to tend to a pain and postpone a day of strength training, I pick up almost where I left off, lessening the amount of weight I used the previous time so as not to reinjure myself.  It’s a delicate dance, two steps forward and one step back.  But I’ve learned to do it quite well.
I pick myself up,
Dust myself off,
And start all over again.
And on Sunday all but the September Challenge will fall to the wayside.  Why?  Well, I’ll explain things more fully on Saturday.  Things are happening and sometimes life is nice enough to give a person a heads up before it’s going to change.  The change won’t be permanent and all of this is going to give me an opportunity to be creative, to do what I can to keep my momentum and not let myself fall into stagnation.

So stay tuned.  More coming.  Later this week.  

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your news.

    Cool that your push-up challenge is working. I like the idea of sets.

    Thanks for the song and dance!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always love sharing some of the classic moments in cinema whenever I can and this song seemed especially apropos. I like the idea of sets too! Can you imagine how easy tomorrow is going to feel when I break 11 push-ups into 6 and 5? :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, go Satia! I think doing several sets is a good thing (as far as my humble exercising knowledge goes)! I cheer for you and also feel with you - I also just started doing some (home) workouts to build up strength (to be more awesome at derby, harhar). We can do it! :) (Sorry if you get this comment more than once? Blogger is giving me trouble again...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get more pleasure out of strength training than I do. I just find it soooo boring. But you know, somehow knowing you are out there trying to do something too makes it a little less irksome. Bonus--maybe I will get to see some drawings of your experience to make me smile.

      Delete
  3. I'm not great when it comes to push ups, and you are inspiring me to work at them.

    Can't wait to hear what your news is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki, I've never done a full body push-up in my entire life and I'm 51! I'm hoping that, if by the end of the month I'm doing 3 sets of 10 of the modified push-ups maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to do 2 or 3 full body ones next month. That won't be my October Challenge, however. I have something else in mind for that. :)

      Delete