Monday, September 09, 2013

Weekly Update a Day Late

This post is a day late because Rob
had already put the quilt away
and I really wanted to share a picture of it.
This wasn’t a remarkable week.  Yay! 

Rob came home with a quilt given to him by his grandfather.  It is a tradition in his family that the grandparents give a grandchild a choice of quilt and Rob chose an appliqué one that he thought I would like.  He almost chose a crazy quilt but he deferred to what he knew I would love.  And he was so right.  Look how pretty it is!

New purse.
Friday, we once again did the dreaded errand running which included the still more dreaded purse shopping.  I needed a new purse, something more functional and not purely fun.  Something smaller than my laptop sized messenger bags but with a way to close things off unlike my slouch bags.  I ended up choosing a Tommy Hilfiger bag, much to my dismay.  I loathe labels and try to avoid them but I had a specific size and style in mind.  Plus it had to be black. I found two or three other purses in other colors that were exactly what I would have chosen but I refused to deviate from a basic black purse.  Plus, it had to be less than $20 because I’d found a purse that would do (although it wasn’t ideal).  I really was begrudging about buying a designer bag but had to concede it was nearly perfect.  Really, the only way it could have been more perfect is if I had designed it and had it made for me and me alone.

Studying studying studying.
Saturday was a long one for me.  I was up early and Joe drove me to a day-long review class.   I can honestly say that I learned more from using Laureen Jandroep’s DVDs than I did in these classes but I’m glad I went.  It was a good networking opportunity and I earned 8 CEUs.  I’ll need to earn 8 more before April.  All things considered, I’ll have plenty of time.  I just have to keep my eye out for what is available and make time for it.  It was good of Joe to get up early on a Saturday to pick me up at 7am since I had to be at the class by 8am.  Rob had a gig the night before.  He did pick me up and we had dinner at a local diner.  I was unimpressed.  We could easily make better food for much less.  Definitely one of the problems when one enjoys cooking and trying new foods. 

Honestly, if the most interesting thing about a person’s week is that she had two dreams in which someone turned into a puppy (in one it was a baby and in the other it was an adult), then maybe it’s okay not to blog.  With that said, I know some interesting things are coming up and I have to confess that I really enjoy the weeks that are “boring by comparison” because they give me time to just settle down and breathe for a while.

Having time to breathe is lovely.

Bibi's week was more eventful.
She got her ears pierced and . . .
. . .  she lost a tooth!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for boring Weeks! This week is open house. Matt asked if he could join us so that'll be fun. Bibi will be in dance class at that time though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear all about it on Saturday, I hope.

      Delete