Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weekly Update? Not So Much

Normally, I post a weekly update but this past week was peculiar.  For one thing, I’m going to be posting about my honeymoon over the next few days and this week was mostly my honeymoon.  We didn’t come home until Thursday which leaves me only with Friday and Saturday to explore in my weekly update.  And let’s face it, what usually happens after you come home from a trip?  You do laundry.  You run errands.  You unpack.  You do housework.  You catch up with mail. 

A perfect recipe for an incredibly boring weekly update.

So this isn’t really a weekly update.  Rather, I’m going to tell you a few things that are coming up and maybe you, yes you dear reader, can hold me accountable by asking me how I’m doing, what progress I am making, etc.  And, for the next few days there will probably be two posts on most days with honeymoon posts in the early morning and other topics posted later in the day.

Not unlike today’s blogging with a honeymoon post and now this one. 

What do we have on the agenda for October?

On Tuesdays I’ll resume posting about my exercising as part of my participating in Joy’s Readers' Workouts.  And if you’re wondering what I’m reading now, all you need to do is click on the images in this blog post to learn more about the books I have on my “currently reading” pile. 

Also, beginning Tuesday, I’m hoping to participate in a memoir writing challenge which begins, naturally enough, on the 1st with new posts being offered on odd numbered days. I signed up to do this last year and I confess I let myself down by not following through.  I was too overwhelmed with studying for the certification exam and here I am now, on the other side of the exam, with some time on my hands.  I can do this.  I think.  I hope.  So that will be fifteen posts in addition to the eleven more coming about the honeymoon.

As if that weren't enough, it is my intention to write some reviews for the various places we ate.  Yes, including the place that gave Rob food poisoning.  That won’t necessarily mean yet another blog post every day but let’s assume I’ll write a third post on some days. 

I have a couple of other writing projects on which I hope to be working—both of them writing resources.  I won’t post those yet, not until I get far enough into writing them that I feel confident in my completing at least a first draft.  However, in my weekly updates I’ll very likely write about my progress. If I don’t, I need you to give me a nudge, ask me how it’s going, etc. 

But that’s not all.  October also has five birthdays:  Joe, Marc, Erin, Shawn (my brother-in-law), and Susan (my mother-in-law).  And Rob will be heading out of town for a few days of training which means I’ll have the house to myself.  Oh boy!  So prepare for a lot of blogging because I’m preparing myself for a lot of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment