Thursday, October 10, 2013

Honeymoon Day Twelve

And so we say goodbye to Manhattan.  Rob took some of our guide books to the Good Will store down the street and dropped them off.  We didn't take a receipt or anything because sometimes it's okay to just give without receiving.  While he did that, I packed up the last of the last of our things.  I double and triple checked everything and asked Rob to check after me.

Come to think of it, I don't know that he did so I hope we didn't leave anything behind.

We went to Nice Matin for breakfast and the food and service were good, not outstanding.  So out of our three restaurant experiences and our room service experience, we had only one good one.  That's not commendable.  Not commendable at all.

We timed things very well, checking out and waiting only a few minutes in the lobby before the car arrived to take us to the airport.  The trip to the airport did not go smoothly.  First we hit a wall of traffic forcing the driver to take a detour.  That wouldn't have been a big deal because we really had plenty of time except for one small thing.  Rob had "intestinal problems" and we had to pull over more than once so he could find a bathroom.

By some miracle, we not only made it to the airport with a few minutes to spare but Rob's stomach issues subsided.  We were on a smaller plane this time and I was okay until we started the descent which I felt long before they announced we were coming in for the landing.  Rob took my hand, knowing there was nothing he could do.

Chris met us at the airport and we headed home, grateful to finally be back.  And Fokes arranged to take the day off so he would be here when we walked through the door because he wanted to see Snowdoll's reaction to our arrival for himself. And boy did he get to see her excitement.  And I got to clean up after her and her excitement because she couldn't contain herself.  You'd think we were our neighbor or something!  (You know, the one she loves so much that every time she sees him she piddles herself.  Yep.  She was that excited.)

So, in short

  • Rob and I went on our honeymoon
  • The day we left, he was sick
  • Four days later, I was sick
  • On the day we returned, he was sick
  • We did a lot of stuff
Obviously, one thing we did not do is take any pictures to record our flight home.  Oh well. I didn't use all of the photos for he posts so there are a lot, and I mean A LOT, more coming.  Actually, there's only a link coming but that link will take you to A LOT of photos.

Did I mention we took a lot of photos?  Over 1000.  Yeah.  A lot.  Like I said.



2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you guys spent so much time being sick. It sounds like you still managed to have a great time. I will have to find the rest of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, Rob and I were determined to make this a wonderful trip. I'm glad he had the sense to be sick only at the very beginning and end of it all. I wish I hadn't been sick in the middle of the first week but was so glad I wasn't still sick during the second half. Such a great experience for us both. You'll love NY when you get to go!

      Delete